For anyone wanting to go abroad

So, if you know me... then you know that I am an utter MISER. I hate to spend money and I love to make budgets. It's a sick, sick hobby. That comes in handy!

Here is the gist of what I have spent and project to spend in Oslo:

$400 USD for rent @ 5 months = $2000 USD
$100 USD for food @ 5 months = $500 USD
$100 USD for etc. @ 5 months = $500 USD
$60 USD for trans@ 5 months = $300 USD
---------------------------------------------
$250 for books for class
$100 for supplies for daily living
$800 to get to Norway
$550 to get to Dallas
$100 for random airport fees and transport

THAT'S A LOT OF F%¤"King MONEY! at least for a college student like me.

GRAND TOTAL: $5100 dollars
This is the total if I ignore the extra excursions I will be taking

In other news, I signed up to take a light cruise to Riga (in Lativa) for a day or two (in november... let's hope I enjoy it)

PLUS, next week I go to Ås for the ISU national convention. I hope that turns out well.

No pictures this time... Nothing really to get excited about... I'm too tired to really try harder

News about my fahter: He's doing no better but no worse. Just the same thing... He might be out of the hospital in a few weeks... But still I really have no clue where my life is headed right now. In a way this is really a chance for me and my family to break free from some old habits and lifestyles. Then again with the economy and such, I think everyone is going to have to do that... at least we have an excuse to cry about it, eh? Still, he has STOPPED dropping weight (because my mother spends most days there with him, annyoing both him and the nurses to give him food and not let him 14 hours without food again...) plus he can walk (if only to the toilet) a little. Trying to liquidate assests has proven diffcult, and so money isn't coming in like we would like... Still my contributions, my friends, and my family's earnings are getting us barely by... However, in all honesty, I don't know how long we can make it last.

In other news... I'm considering doing what I have done before and be "homeless" for my last year at AC.... I wouldn't be that hard except the need for food... which with a car should do me well... Not going to try that yet, until I am in my last year when I can find places to stay at over the long breaks.

0 drops of the hat: