Residence Permit

So I was up at 7:00 this morning, to go to the police station.
Brutal. So very brutal. Just to get this.



So to detail my adventure, now that I am much less annoyed.
I awaken at 7:00am, realizing that I had less than 30mins to meet some friends to make the trip together. Anyways, it all worked out and we made it to the train station. And we waited. and waited. and waited another 30 mins. Maybe this is a sign to learn the schedules here. Anyways. Got to the Politi (police station) only to find that another 200 people had made it before me. However, it was time to wait. Officially I was number 131. That would be because Ania. Same one from last night, was nice enough to let us in front of her. So, had to wait an hour and a half. Now mind you, I finished my permit while still in the states. Thinking, "Oh, no big deal, I just need to bring the papers." However, if logic was on that early in the morning, it would have told me that nothing here is that simple. Looks like I needed more photos. Which I just happen to have from my rail pass. Oh wait, thy were at home. SoI shelled out another 40 kroner (8 dollars) to buy 4 more photos. Oh mind you, they use a digital copy of it. So I still have the photos. My thoughts here is why do they not have a digital camera, like the DMV does? But it's done. No wait. I still have to register for a number and the general schema. Grrrrr....

1 drops of the hat:

Johnny 5 said...

iraq is a place where the concept of logic holds no bearing. apparently, this is true for all of europe